What Sco Mo really said, but never said, but wished he could have said in Budget 2016…
- The grown-ups are back in charge. Please give us a mandate. I’m a grown up.
- What do you mean sugar free doesn’t taste as good as the other stuff? Just eat your vegetables. Ever wondered why they invented the Nutribullet?
- Sorry, what I meant to say was Death Cults and the Budget Emergency doesn’t cut it anymore. See what too much sugar does? Pass me the Ritalin.
- Look, if you re-elect us, you’ll get the real Post Tony Budget. But you have to re-elect us first. No more Speedos, I promise.
- This is not like any other Budget – it’s a Real Economic Plan – which is way more boring. That’s what makes it unique. Haven’t you watched The Hollowmen?
- Now look, I didn’t say having an Real Economic Plan was sexy. Life wasn’t meant to be interesting. Think very carefully … do you really want more Sluggos? Do you?
- The best form of welfare is a job, so dysfunctional online services for welfare is a really, really great incentive to get a job. Yes we know Centrelink’s IT is totally rooted; so rooted we actually know what the bill to fix it will be. #raincheck
- Fewer public servants? Pfft, c’mon, there’s gotta be an app for that now. We’re gonna start with the Centrelink Apps Team.
- Cigars? [cough!] Chomp on this tobacco tax hike. Mathias, you promised me you’d quit.
- Why are we hitting multinationals? Seriously, how else do you stop those belligerent bastards poaching your best ministerial staff to become lobbyists. Call it cost recovery. Suck it up.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to the Government News newsletter