Government News Financial Management 2007
20 – 22 November, 2007
Realm Hotel in Canberra
Sustainable Performance * Effective Audit Control * Economic Performance * Harmonised Accounting and Reporting * Sound Governance
Government News and conference producers IIR are proud to present the Government News Financial Management Conference at the Realm Hotel in Canberra on November 20-22.
Budget performance assessments are vital for on-going growth and development in the public sector’s accounting and reporting frameworks. To remain at the forefront of financial management policy and implementation, it is crucial for government departments to be transparent in their auditing and governance practices. Although this is widely understood, how do the strategies and stewardship you employ compare with the best of the public and private sectors?
The Government News Financial Management event will cover the key issues of harmonisation of GAAP and GFS, including asset valuation and impairment methodologies. The speaker panel features detailed presentations on best practice in financial management and experts will cover advanced techniques in budgeting, reporting and accounting.
Key topics will include:
* integrated risk management – a better approach to fraud control;
* the importance of aligning fraud control to corporate governance structures;
* strategic budget performance management;
* identifying and analysing risk with PPPs to reduce costs;
* AASB 7 financial instruments – disclosures;
* accounting standards update;
* Implementing GAAP and GFS and their impact on public sector reporting;
* acounting for asets in the public sector;
* asset valuation methodology and asset impairment;
* case study: implementing best practice corporate governance;
* public sector risk management;
* case study: reorganisation and skilling – internal training strategies; and
* integrating asset management and financial planning – case studies from local government.
There will also be two pre-conference workshops on Tuesday November 20.
Workshop A: 9.00am – 12.00pm Effective audit control implementation
Workshop B: 1.00pm – 4.00pm Asset valuation and impairment in the public sector
For more see www.iir.com.au/publicsectorfinance
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to the Government News newsletter