Procurement managers from state and federal government departments, local governments, government agencies and utilities to meet in Canberra in November to discuss best practice procurement strategies in delivering value for money.
The procurement function in the public sector is continually striving to ensure they deliver the best value for money for tax payers and the sharing of knowledge and ideas, inter-departmental collaboration, aggregation and training are all critical in achieving this.
GovProcure 2014 will be the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in procurement strategies from every corner of the public sector with a focus on best in show case studies, interactive panel discussions and thought provoking presentations. Some of the highlights will include keynote presentations from John Ivil, General Manager Government Procurement of the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Alastair Merrill, Chief Procurement Officer of the Scottish Government, Rod Treadwell, Chief Procurement Officer from the NSW Department of Finance and Services, Justin Untersteiner, head of Procurement of the Australian Tax Office and many more.
The key benefits of attending include:
- Examine procurement trends in the private sector and internationally to identify best-practice processes that can be implemented in your organization
- Hear from senior managers from across the public sector so you can benchmark your systems and strategies and strengthen your teams ability to respond to challenges
- Learn how you can increase the level of collaboration between your team and others so that your team can continually meet strategic organizational goals
- Gain insights into how leading minds are training and structuring their teams
- Analyse how others have transformed their teams into high performing procurement teams
At the GovProcure 2014 Conference you’ll hear over 20 speakers including international government representatives and it will be the ideal opportunity for procurement and supply chain representatives from state and federal government departments, local governments, government agencies and utilities to get up to date on the latest innovations, strategies and case studies with procurement leaders.
Themes of the 2014 GovProcure conference include:
- Fostering teamwork, collaboration and aggregation across departments, agencies and governments
- Improving engagement with new procurement models and systems
- Improving capability and building your procurement team
- Innovation and how to improve your procurement process
- Utilising technology to increase efficiencies in your procurement processes
- Implementing best practice supplier negotiations to help increase the value delivered by procurement divisions
- Acknowledging the importance of probity in public sector procurement and how you can ensure it is implemented throughout your division
To register to participate at this important event, and to download the full conference brochure visit www.questevents.com.au
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to the Government News newsletter