483A George St
Sydney NSW 2000
We are in a new era of city competition.
The rigid global urban hierarchy is breaking down as cities increasingly specialise in niche markets, enabling more cities than ever to ‘go global’.
Population growth in cities is also placing a strain on infrastructure and resources.
It’s clear that cities need to adopt new approaches to remain economically successful and attractive to citizens.
That’s why cities globally are embarking on smart city projects designed to support and encourage innovation, attract talent, create jobs and build resilience.
And this is the focus of CityIgnite 2017.
We’ve brought together Mayors, City CEOs, CDOs, Activation Managers, Chief Resilience Officer’s, Economic development managers, and Start-ups to explore the new ideas and approaches creating positive outcomes in our cities.
It will provide a wealth of information on smart cities and how city leaders can consider and plan smart city projects, featuring case studies on how seven cities — Barcelona, Malmo, Amsterdam, Sydney, Michigan, Ipswich, Newcastle — are using different approaches to implement smart city projects.
The city of Sydney will become our living laboratory where we will explore solutions and exchange best practices to create positive solutions for our cities.
Some Key Speakers include:
- Pablo Pujadas Alvarez, Partner and Cofounder, Smart Engineering, Barcelona
- Julieta Talavera, Experience Designer, The Connectors Society, Sweden
- Minister Matt Kean, Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, NSW Government
- Phil Kim, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Jerde Partnership, China
- Oakley Kwon, Legislation Policy Manager & Innovation Specialist, QLD Government
- Elizabeth Zealand, Chief Executive Officer, Spot Parking
- Rob Roggema, Professor of Sustainable Urban Environments, University of Technology Sydney
CityIGNITE will feature in-depth roundtables, industry-leading case studies and interactive panel discussions. Download the brochure here for full details
Visit the website here: www.cityignite.com.au
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to the Government News newsletter