Take a trip to sunny Coffs Harbour and experience the inaugural Australian Festival Industry Conference (AFIC) across 24-25 October in Coffs Harbour, NSW.
AFIC is the only conference in Australia dedicated to festival personnel (both public and private, including industry suppliers). It appeals to all types of festivals, including music, arts & culture, food, etc.
Experience two days of:
- Presentations from some of Australia’s biggest names in festival management, consulting and all tiers of Government
- Professional Development Workshops: covering crowd safety management, marketing, event app development
- Government Funding Workshops: learn what State and Federal Government funding opportunities are available through Create NSW, Destination NSW and Australia Council for the Arts
- Cocktail Party Industry Networking Event – Thurs 24 October
- Event Facilities & Site Management Tour: hosted by Coffs Harbour City Council (CHCC) and Zaccaria Concerts. CHCC will take you on a tour of their recent multi-million dollar upgrade to Cex. Coffs Harbour Intenational Stadium. This will be followed by a site management tour with Zaccaria Concerts – see a real live festival being set up! An invaluable opportunity especially for Councils to understand the
Some examples of the conference topics include:
- What the future holds for the industry?
- How to manage your festival’s digital transformation?
- Volunteer management strategies and tactics surrounding acquisition and retention
- Crowd safety best-practice
Plus more.. The full program can be viewed online
The industry panel discussion will cover the topic that everyone in the festival industry has been talking about this year – ‘pre-hospital event medical safety’; featuring:
- NSW Ministry of Health – covering the latest NSW Health Guidelines for Music Festival Organisers
- St Johns Ambulance
- One of Australia’s leading event medical consultancy services, EMS Event Medical, who will talk about the development of their new emergency response app that pinpoints an attendee’s location. The app has already been used at large scale festivals such as Vivid Sydney.
To view the full program and to purchase tickets, visit australianfestivalconference.com.au Registrations close COB Wed 9 October, 2019
Australian Festival Industry Conference – 24-25 October, 2019. Opal Cove Resort, Coffs Harbour, NSW.