An upcoming Government News report puts the focus on fleet.
Government fleets are undergoing massive changes, driven by new and emerging technologies, policy changes and local and international developments.
In this month’s Operational Report, Allan Whiting, an experienced journalist who specialises in reporting on fleet, takes an in-depth look at the issues for Government News.
His report will cover:
- the rapidly changing automotive scene that results from emissions law changes and the public’s desire for ‘green’ transport
- in Europe, the US and China, the small passenger car diesel is being rapidly replaced by small turbocharged petrol engines
- larger cars and SUVs are increasingly using petrol hybrid powertrains
- distribution and waste collection truck fleets are pushing for fully-electric vehicles, and Australia will have these within the next two years
- linehaul trucks likely to use diesel powertrains for the foreseeable future but some intrastate vehicles could be electric within five years.
The Operational Report is Government News’s signature in-depth report on a key operational or service delivery area for government.
Compiled by the Government News editorial team, and written by a leading specialist writer highly knowledgeable in the subject area, the Operational Report is a must-read for government professionals seeking latest knowledge, best-practice and advice.
Operational Report: Fleet will be sent to subscribers on Tuesday 31 July