Recruiting and retaining qualified personnel, succession planning, and staff development are the most important issues for state and local government human resources managers.
With difficulty in recruiting for a range of specialist positions, the need for new hires to poses new skills, a growing trend of competing with lucrative contract work and an aging workforce nearing retirement this conference addresses the steps we need to be taking now to prepare for the Workforce of Tomorrow.
Over two days we will have a mix of key note speakers, industry panels, council case studies and thought provoking workshops as we discuss:
• The Future of Our Workforce
• Creating a Pipeline for Leadership and Development
• Re-Designing Job Roles for a Contemporary Workforce
• Workforce Planning in Practice
• Workforce Management Frameworks That Work
• Building a Sustainable Workforce for the Future
• Attracting and Retaining Staff
• Using Technology to Increase Productivity
• Achieving Real Cultural Change
This new conference presents a unique opportunity to hear and network with a wide variety of industry experts, sector leaders and key stakeholders on how the workforce of tomorrow should look and what we need to do to achieve positive, sustainable change. The conference will also address changes to contemporary workforce styles more broadly, providing insights into the challenges all leaders are facing in the New South Wales public sector.
We are proud to deliver a high-level programme that includes a diverse range of speakers and presents the perfect opportunity for those involved in human resourcing and governance to network, collaborate and drive the conversation around strategic workforce planning.
Local Government Professionals Australia, NSW